Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Visitors

Peyton, Gracie, and Ashleigh havin' some fun in the sun.

Gracie liked showing her toys to her big cousins.

The expression on Gracie's face says it all. She LOVED having Ash and Peyton around.

The routine was pool, then a hot bath. The girls are old enough now that they can really help take care of their baby cousin. They washed her hair, and helped pick out her clothes.

Kelly, Irelyn, and Miley came to visit today!

Tiny Irelyn

Little Miley

It was really fun watching the three girls play together.
The last week and a half has been jam-packed with visitors! Over a week ago, my nieces came to stay with my parents. We only get to see them a few times a year, so time spent with Ashleigh and Peyton is so precious. This visit was especially fun because not only are Ash and Peyton really able to take care of Gracie, but Gracie was also able to really enjoy them.
The first day that we were all together, Gracie took the girls on a "tour" of her bedroom. They also got into Gracie's little pool together. They love Gracie so much; it is so rewarding to watch them play together and bond. On their last day here Ashleigh was watching Grace play at the pool. Ash mused, "I wish she was our little sister." Melt my heart!!! Peyton seconded the thought. Gracie is a very lucky little girl to have such loving big cousins!
Drew and I always try to do something special with the girls when they visit. They've had some rough times, and we want to make sure that they know how much we love them. This year, we decided to take them to Universal Studios. After having the girls spend the night at our house, Gracie went to her Memaw and Papa's, and the four of us trooped off to Universal. The girls really seemed to enjoy themselves.
During this same visit, my Aunt Sheryl and her granddaughter, Kira, are staying with my parents, as well. They were here so Kira could also get to know Ash and Peyton. Aunt Sheryl and her family live in Roseville, Ca, so visits with them are also few and far between. I think all the little girls enjoyed getting to know each other.
Today also brought us some special visitors. My best friend, Kelly, came by with her daughters, Miley and Irelyn. They are so adorable and well-behaved. I think they really had fun checking out all of Gracie's toys. Unfortunately, Kelly and I live an hour apart, so we rarely see each other. Every visit with her is special. We met in college when we both joined the same sorority. Through 3 of our 4 and a half years in college, we had almost every class together. To go from seeing her nearly every day to only seeing her three or four times a year is something that I'm still not used to! You can check out Kelly's blog by clicking on the link to the left.
Summer is coming to a close for us. I am going back to work full-time for the first time in Gracie's life. I am very much dreading it. Please pray for us as we make this transition. It will not be easy.
I hope you are all healthy and happy. Enjoy these last days of summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment